We appreciate your interest in volunteering with Kids In the Woods Initiative–K.I.W.I.! Our programming would not be possible without our dedicated volunteers. We value and respect the contributions of our volunteers and seek to provide an experience that is welcoming, educational and, of course, fun!
Who are we are looking for? Well…check out the qualities below:
▪ Someone who enjoys working with children
▪ Someone who enjoys being outside in all seasons
and weather conditions (no joke!)
▪ Someone who has a strong appreciation for nature
▪ Someone who is mature, responsible & able to
make decisions independently
▪ Someone who enjoys learning new things and is enthusiastic about life
If that sounds like you and you are at least 16 years old, keep reading . . tt.
What are the responsibilities of a K.I.W.I. Volunteer?
▪ Commit to volunteer for a minimum of 3 hours per week
on a per season basis
▪ Assist staff with the delivery of our outdoor programs
▪ Prepare to lead various programs and/or assist children on
a one-on-one basis
▪ Commit to the K.I.W.I. “HIGHER” set of values
▪ Be on time for your volunteer shift and be reliable (the kids are
counting on you!)
If you can handle that, then here’s what we need from you:
Fill out a volunteer application form & supply a copy of your resume
Meet with our Executive Director for an in-person interview
Sign a volunteer agreement
Undergo a police record check
How to Apply?
Please email us at email@example.com and tell us why you would like to volunteer with us. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for your interest!